Get ready before testing:
· Get plenty of rest the night before each testing day
You need 7-9 hours of sleep, so go to bed by 10pm.
• Avoid the morning rush. Set out clothes the night before. Get to school a few minutes earlier than you usually do.
• Eat a good nutritious breakfast the morning of each testing day
(Milk with cereal, eggs, fruits)
LISTEN: Always listen to the directions given by teacher.
READ: Read the directions written on the test. Read the question and all answer choices before marking anything.
ASK: Ask the teacher if you do not understand the directions.
*Stay focused and relaxed. Focused AND relaxed? Doesn't that sound impossible? Well, what we mean is this: keep your mind on the test, but don't tighten up. Try to stay loose and cool so you can move through the questions one by one.
* Sit comfortably. Don't hunch over the test or stiffen up. Sit in a relaxed way and keep your posture loose so you don't add aches and pains to your list of possible worries.
USE YOUR TIME WISELY!
· Don’t spend too much time on any one question.
· It is important to answer every question even if you are not sure of the answer.
· Pace yourself. Use all your time! There are no extra points for finishing early.
· Save time at the end to review your test and make sure you haven't left out any answers.
· Answer the easiest questions first, but be sure to go back to those questions you skipped.
When you are done:
-Fill in bubbles fully, write neatly, and erase stray marks.
-If you finish early, check to make sure you have answered all questions.
-Once you have finished, please remain quiet as others will still be working on the test.